Systems Administrator III
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Herndon, VA. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
- The Systems Administrator will configure, update, monitor, secure, deploy and integrate a large, complex enterprise search system on Red Hat Linux and AWS.
- In this position the individual will need to be a self-starter and with the ability to solve complex problems under minimal supervision.
- 6+ years of experience as a system administrator/integration and test engineer.
- 6+ years of experience with basic Unix/Linux operation system administration and shell scripting (CentOS/RHEL preferred).
- Experience writing and scripting Linux installation, update, maintenance, and other associated procedures.
- NGA, IC or DoD IT experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum lifecycle management/development.
- Familiar with DevOps tools such as Redmine, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence.
- Experience with cloud-based technology, AWS preferred.
- Experience working both independently and, in a team, oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience leading an engineering team.
- Ability to understand and explain complex information simply and accurately.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with experience delivering/presenting to customer.
- Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
Job Status: Full Time