Please note that this position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence.
Our enterprise level client is the largest transportation fuels refinery in the Nation.
The person in this position will act as second level technical support to the Service Desk for assigned software solutions, and manage related service tickets in conjunction with Service Desk procedures and SLAs.
- Monitor, maintain, and administer assigned software solutions in the Refining Maintenance and Reliability line of business (non-SAP), including upgrades, program temporary fixes and daily troubleshooting.
- Diagnose and partner for resolution of database issues related to assigned software solutions.
- Liaise with external software providers/vendors for the diagnosis and resolution of software, database, and hardware issues, as needed.
- Design, develop and troubleshoot/support data integrations among assigned software solutions and SAP, as needed.
- Testing and change control activities for new and revised technology solutions. Support rollout of new applications.
- 4-7 years of experience.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Systems Technology is required.
- Experience in the development and support of system applications and databases is required, preferably with MS SQL Server Reporting (SSRS) and databases.
- 2-3 years previous experience in end user support, with 5+ years preferred.
- Knowledge of software solutions and system processes within Maintenance and Reliability-related business functions is desired.
- Solution-specific knowledge with GE APM/Meridium and SmartPlant Instrumentation Reliability-related solutions is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn as new questions, situations, and technologies are faced.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both written and oral.
- Proven problem-solving ability and documentation skills.
- Capable of effectively working independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated organization skills and the ability to multi-task, as needed..
- Desired/Expected Start: 07/01/2019.
- Up to 10% travel required.
Job Status: Full Time