TDM Network Operations Specialist 4764
TCI has an immediate need for a TDM Network Operations Specialist in Melbourne, FL. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the probability of extension and possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES A PUBLIC TRUST SECURITY CLEARANCE PRIOR TO START.
TCI is offering an excellent Contract opportunity with our government/FAA sector client. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
- Provide technical support for a large nationwide network which includes monitoring, analyzing, and troubleshooting network problems within Network Operations Control Center (NOCC) utilizing network management and monitoring tools.
- Monitor the alarm conditions on the network to proactively identify and minimize disruption and impact to the FAA network, and perform root cause analysis to determine a plan of action for restoring customer services.
- Employ test methods to analyze channelized/unchanneled T1, T3, utilizing DACs equipment, Ethernet, IP, Frame Relay, ATM, WAN, LAN, SONET, and TDM.
- Assist Local Exchange Carriers (LEC), ILECs, and IXCs to resolve WAN problems, and assist onsite field technicians remotely to resolve local issues.
- Work in an onsite 24x7 network control environment where shift and workday flexibility is required.
- Periodically support short-term emergency evacuation to local or remote backup facilities.
- Bachelor degree with (4) years of prior related experience OR Associate Degree with a minimum of (8) years of prior related experience.
- Minimum of (4) Years layer 1 Troubleshooting experience.
- Minimum of (4) Years networking experience with layer 1, 2, and 3.
- Minimum of (4) Years networking technologies experience with SONET and/or Time Division Multiplexing (TDM).
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities considered:
- Familiarity working with networking technologies such as RF, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, HSRP, ATM, and Frame Relay.
- Experience with Network Management tools such as Cisco Prime SNMPc, Orion, and Netflow.
- Experience in UNIX and Remote Access solutions.
- Experience with call center phone systems and working with geographically dispersed teams.
- Certifications such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).