TDM Network Operations Specialist 4878
TCI has an immediate need for a Network Operations Specialist in Melbourne, FL. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the probability of extension and possibility of hire.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES A PUBLIC TRUST SECURITY CLEARANCE PRIOR TO START.
TCI is offering an excellent Contract opportunity with our government/FAA sector client. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
- Provide technical support for a large nationwide network which includes monitoring, analyzing, and troubleshooting network problems within Network Operations Control Center (NOCC) utilizing network management and monitoring tools.
- Monitor the alarm conditions on the network to proactively identify and minimize disruption and impact to the FAA network, and perform root cause analysis to determine a plan of action for restoring customer services.
- Employ test methods to analyze channelized/unchanneled T1, T3, utilizing DACs equipment, Ethernet, IP, Frame Relay, ATM, WAN, LAN, SONET, and TDM.
- Assist Local Exchange Carriers (LEC), ILECs, and IXCs to resolve WAN problems, and assist onsite field technicians remotely to resolve local issues.
- This position is part of a 24x7 network control environment. Shift and workday flexibility are required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Networking, Information Technology or related field with 2-4 years of prior related experience OR an Associate’s Degree with a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience. Will consider prior work experience in place of degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience with Layer 1 troubleshooting.
- Minimum of 2 Years networking experience with layer 1, 2, and 3.
- MUST have a minimum of 2 years of experience with networking technologies SONET and/or Time Division Multiplexing (TDM).
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Familiarity working with networking technologies with RF
- Networking technologies experience such as OSPF, BGP, MPLS, HSRP, ATM, and Frame Relay.
- Experience with Network Management tools such as Cisco Prime SNMPc, Orion, and Netflow is a plus
- Experience in UNIX and Remote Access solutions
- Experience with call center phone systems and working in a fast paced environment.
- Certifications such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) highly preferred