Please note that this position requires a current DoD Public Trust and a CompTia S+ Certification.
We are offering an exciting DoD Contract opportunity with our government sector client in Alexandria, VA. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team.
The Telecommunications Analyst provides advanced customer service in support of the enterprise client network environments.
- Provide maintenance support of these environments to include support of fielded hardware, software and connectivity to the RDC.
- The focus of this position is to coordinate with remote communications personnel to configure network access for specific customer applications based on a pre-determined implementation schedule.
- Telephonically assist on-site personnel during the implementation. Document all activities related to site coordination and implementation assistance using a Windows, Windows Server and or Windows desktop system running a web-based trouble ticket/change order tracking system.
- Research and resolve hardware PC, router ASA firewall configurations and architectural support), software and connectivity implementation problems by utilizing established procedures, user manuals, accessing on-line applications, or interacting with internal and external support groups. Perform network design within the constraints of remote facilities, and provide third level support to the Tier 1 and Tier 2 support personnel.
- In the course of troubleshooting remote facility network problems, perform IP packet analysis to determine network errors and/or conflicts.
- 5-7 years of experience in relevant position.
- Knowledge of data communications protocols and utilities (TCP/IP) and possess the ability to perform rudimentary packet analysis.
- 5 year of LAN/WAN/GAN hardware components (routers, switches, DSU/CSU, Cat6).
- Strong working knowledge of the Windows desktop and Windows server environment.
- Security+ and CCNP certificate mandatory.
- Must already have or can get a CASP certification in 6 months.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco ASA and Switch configurations.
- Strong working knowledge of the Windows desktop and server environment.
- Strong working knowledge of PC and peripheral devices (card readers, printers, keyboard, mouse, monitor, digital cameras, and other associated hardware).
- Strong working knowledge of Leased line fault isolation.
- Experience using ticketing system applications.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills and prior experience with troubleshooting leased line problems required.
Job Status: Full Time