Tier 2 Cyber Analyst 29960 (Night)
TCI has an immediate need for a Tier 2 Cyber Analyst in Morrisville, NC. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the probability of extension and possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES A PUBLIC TRUST SECURITY CLEARANCE PRIOR TO START.
Night Shift (Monday- Friday 11:00 pm -7:30 am)
- Identification of Cybersecurity problems which may require mitigating controls.
- Analyze network traffic to identify exploit or intrusion related attempts.
- Recommend detection mechanisms for exploit and or intrusion related attempts.
- Provide subject matter expertise on network based attacks, network traffic analysis, and intrusion methodologies.
- Escalate items which require further investigation to other members of the Threat Management team.
- Execute operational processes in support of response efforts to identified security incidents.
- 3+ years IT security experience.
- 2+ years of experience in network traffic analysis.
- Strong working knowledge of Boolean Logic, TCP/IP Fundamentals, Network Level Exploits, Threat Management and Regular Expressions.
- Knowledge of Control Frameworks and Risk Management techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of IDS/IPS technologies, trends, vendors, processes and methodologies.
- Strong understanding of common IDS/IPS architectures and implementations.
- Strong understanding of IDS/IPS signatures, content creation and signature characteristics including both signature and anomaly-based analysis and detection.
- Night Shift (Monday- Friday 11:00 pm -7:30 am).
- Must obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start.