Veritas NetBackup Administrator
This is a unique opportunity with our Government/Military sector client supporting the US Department of Treasury/Bureau of Fiscal Services.
The Veritas NetBackup Administrator will manage Veritas NetBackup in an enterprise environment.
- Architecting high performance, high volume business critical systems using industry standard technologies and design patterns.
- Supporting the platform hosting of applications using Service-oriented architecture (SOA) and object-oriented (OO) programming languages, including Java providing support for deployment of products into Test, Pre-production and Production environments.
- Deploying applications using web technologies including, but not limited to, WebSphere and IBI WebFocus.
- Mainframe support, including IBM DB2, Message Queuing Service (IBM MQ Series), and Job Control Language (JCL).
- Designing, developing and optimizing Relational database management systems (RDBMS), including systems such as IBM DB2 (z/OS and LUW).
- Providing operational and technical support (including supporting platform hosting and testing systems functionality), for critical information systems used in Fiscal Service operations assisting with troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Interacting with IBM Support.
- Provide operational support for installed environments (24x7).
- Provide assistance with performance tuning.
- Provide support for requirements gathering and preparing business cases for selected solutions.
- Provide support for product installation, configuration, and implementation including support for the development of testing scenarios based on requirements.
- Development of a capacity monitoring and planning process and assisting in license true-up processes and any additional duties as determined and required by management as they relate to middleware support services.
- 5+ years of experience being a Managed File Transfer administrator.
- Software/System patching.
- Archival and recovery to/from tape systems.
- Architecture integration in a large enterprise.
- Hands-on experience in government and financial sectors.
- Experience and familiarity with AIX, Linux and Windows operating system platform.
- Administering high performance, high volume, and business critical systems.
- File transfer solution creation, modification, restoration, and troubleshooting.
- Multi-tier architecture, for on and off premise designs, including high availability and disaster recovery
- Working with geographically separated data centers (WAN/LAN configurations) and external customers (Internet and trusted business partners).
- Working with multiple operating systems (such as Windows, IBM AIX, and Linux).
Job Status: Full Time