Web Server Administrator
This is not a Corp2Corp/third party opportunity.
We are offering a 6-month contract-to-hire opportunity with our government sector client. If you enjoy working with cutting-edge technology in a large enterprise environment that promotes creative work and collaboration, this is a great opportunity for you to join a growing IT team. This is an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their knowledge and careers!
The Web Server Administrators will manage and maintain the web environment by identifying requirements, installing upgrades, monitoring system performance and performing daily Administrator functions.
- The Web Server Administrator will architect high performance, high volume business critical systems using industry standard technologies and design patterns.
- Technologies include: WebSphere Application Server (WAS), IBM HTTP Server (IHS), IBI WebFocus, Oracle database, Apache/Tomcat, IBM Spectrum Protect, Veritas NetBackup, Data Transport/Managed File Transfer, and IBM Connect:Direct middleware applications.
- Supporting the platform hosting of applications using Service-oriented architecture (SOA) and object-oriented (OO) programming languages (including Java) providing support for deployment of products into Test, Pre-production and Production environments.
- Deploying applications using web technologies including, but not limited to, WebSphere and IBI WebFocus.
- Mainframe support, including IBM DB2, Message Queuing Service (IBM MQ Series), and Job Control Language (JCL).
- Designing, developing and optimizing Relational database management systems (RDBMS), including systems such as IBM DB2 (z/OS and LUW).
- Making recommendations for standardizing business processes.
- Providing operational and technical support (including supporting platform hosting and testing systems functionality), for critical information systems used in Fiscal Service operations assisting with troubleshooting and problem resolution including:
- Interacting with IBM Support.
- Provide operational support for installed environments (24x7).
- Assist with performance tuning.
- Provide support for requirements gathering and preparing business cases for selected solutions.
- Provide support for product installation, configuration, and implementation including support for the development of testing scenarios based on requirements.
- Development of a capacity monitoring and planning process and assisting in license true-up.
- 5+ years of experience as an IBM WAS/IHS administrator.
- Previous hands-on experience with administering high performance, high volume, and business critical systems.
- J2EE Container creation, modification, and troubleshooting.
- Experience and familiarity with AIX, Linux and Windows operating system platforms.
- Experience with Multi-tier architecture.
- Single sign on configurations using Trust Association Interceptors, Siteminder, or equivalent Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML).
- Architecture Integration in a large enterprise.
- SOA Integration.
- Spring Framework deployments as they pertain to WAS/HIS.
- J2EE application configuration and troubleshooting.
- HTML configuration and troubleshooting.
- Working with multiple operating systems (such as Windows, IBM AIX, and Linux).
- Configuring connectivity to external sources (RDBMS, including but not limited to,Oracle, DB2, and MS-SQL).
- Hands-on experience in government and financial sectors.
Job Status: Full Time