Windows Systems SCCM Engineer/Scripter
Please note that this position requires a DoD Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start.
The Windows Systems SCCM Engineer/Scripter is needed to to maintain infrastructure. Providing updates, patching and deployments to distributed systems in a large environment. Research, create and develop automated test plans and scripting/processes for software deployments and to gather data. Provide support and troubleshoot issues quickly. Develop and document processes and procedures
- Maintain infrastructure with latest updates and patching
- Deployments to distributed systems
- Research, design, and recommend solutions to meet requirements
- Develop and test automated scripts and processes for software deployment and data gathering
- Provide support and troubleshoot issues quickly
- Develop and document processes and procedures
- Ability to automate driver and BIOS updates for Windows based PCs.
- Image creation, image deployments, configuration file creation and management, packaging, primary contact to stakeholders and vendor partners for deployment.
- Provide advanced support for all production failures as assigned and support and comply with company problem management standards and processes.
- Perform application development, enhancement, and maintenance support for application code for services ranging from simple to extremely complex.
- Reporting, interpreting data, analyze results using analytics, research methodologies, and statistical techniques
- Develop and implement data analyses, leverage data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality enhancement, and support activities at a task level, as assigned.
- Ability to use ServiceNow for Change Management and Incident tracking.
- Perform regular system management tasks such as policy configuration, device enrollment prep and assistance, monitoring system status and performance, and other related system maintenance tasks. Completion of tasks within assigned timelines.
- 5 years’ experience as a Windows Systems SCCM Engineer
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Must have strong knowledge of SCCM.
- Must have strong scripting and packaging experience for administration, automation of processes, and issue resolution.
- Must be able to write code in Windows PowerShell 5.0 and batch.
- Must have experience performing remote deployments and integration of Windows 10 systems in a distributed environment.
- Must have strong knowledge of Windows OS’s
- Working knowledge of Adaptiva (desirable).
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft’s Active Directory, including Group Policy development, Organizational Units, and Permissions.
- Good understanding of networking concepts and secure protocols
- Ability to troubleshoot and triage complex Windows issues, including automating proactive health processes.
- Ability to remediate security vulnerabilities by distribution of updates and application specific patches using multiple distribution tools.
- Software and hardware troubleshooting skills to resolve issues arising due to Windows 10 Operating System.
- Ability to collaborate with cross functionals teams.
- Customer service skills and the ability to satisfy client problems and needs when working in a Service Center environment successfully and consistently.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to develop clear and concise documentation.
- Must have ability to obtain a DoD Public Trust Clearance prior to start. TCI will assist with clearance application and/or transfer.